At Seed4Up Ltd. (“Seed4Up”), we recognize that privacy is important. In this Policy we would like to inform you about how Seed4Up treats your personal data.
Basic Principles we adhere to for handling your Personal Data
Seed4Up strictly adheres to the following principles in the protection of your Personal Data:
- Seed4Up shall collect, process, and use your Personal Data in accordance with the laws and statutes on data protection of Switzerland.
- Seed4Up shall use your Personal Data solely to provide you the Services of Seed4Up on the Internet for which you have registered. Seed4Up will not pass your Personal Data on to any third party, neither for advertising, nor for marketing or for any other purposes without your consent. Certain Subcontractors (e.g. IT-maintenance-provider) of Seed4up that are bound to confidentiality and subject to the same or comparable Data protection principles and laws may nevertheless have access to your data from time to time as necessary to maintain a high level of our Services.
- With the exception of some general information as mentioned below you alone decide which of the Personal and other Data you have made available to Seed4Up in your profile may be displayed to other users of Seed4Up (to Visitors and/or generally to all Registered User and specifically to individuals or groups of Registered Users).
Information we collect and how we use it
We offer a service that requires you to register for an account and provide some personal and business information to us. In order to provide our Services, we may collect the following types of information:
Personal information – When you sign up for a Seed4Up account, we ask you for personal information (such as your name, surname, company name, typology, sector, area, mission, contact, email/username and password ). We also request that our customers provide credit card or other payment account information, which is encrypted and securely maintained at Stripe.com. This information is collected for internal use only and will not be sold to or shared with third-party firms.
The following Personal Information will be accessible by Registered Users and also by Visitors:
Voluntary Data in the Profile– If you wish, you may add more information about yourself, your business, business ideas and provided services to your profile on a voluntary basis ("Voluntary Data"), to allow other Seed4Up Registered Users or –where permitted by you for use on you public profil – also Visitors to get to know you and your business and services better. This can encourage other Registered Users and Visitors to choose you as an appropriate business contact.
At the moment, you are able to choose from the following Voluntary Data:
The Voluntary Data you choose to enter in your profile is generally accessible to all other Seed4Up Registered Users and to Visitors.
You can revoke Voluntary Data at any time by deleting the data in question from your profile.
- Business information – We may collect business information that may be used by us in an anonymous aggregated form. This information will not be used with an identification of individual users or individual businesses. Transparency of user and business data related to an identifiable business is restricted to recipient users who have been specifically authorized to view such information by the originating and authorizing user.
- Information security – We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure, or destruction of data. These security measures include internal reviews of our data collection, storage and processing practices, and security measures, as well as physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where we store personal data. We restrict access to personal information by Seed4Up employees and third party service providers who need to know that information in order to operate, develop, or improve our services. These individuals are subject to confidentiality obligations, compliance controls and audits. They may become subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution, if they fail to meet these obligations.
Sending contact requests for personal contact - If you send other Seed4Up Registered Users a request for personal contact, these Users are then saved in your Profile on a contact list. Should a Registered User confirm your request for contact, this Registered User shall be listed as a so called "confirmed contact". Confirmed and unconfirmed contacts shall be registered separate from one another. Other Seed4Up Registered Users may only ever view your list of confirmed contacts.
Seed4Up has set your privacy settings under "Privacy" by default so that your list of confirmed contacts is displayed to all Seed4Up Registered Users. You may change this setting at any time by yourself to the effect that your list of confirmed contacts is not visible to anybody at all or only to conformed contacts.
- User communications – Email or other communication sent to Seed4Up, may be retained in order to process your inquiries, to respond to your requests, and to improve our services.
- Information on Business merger or acquisition – In the event that Seed4Up goes through a business merger, acquisition by another company, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, personal and business information may be among the assets transferred. Seed4Up will provide notification on its website for a minimum of 30 days if any such change in ownership takes place.
- Search Functions – The Services of Seed4Up offer various possibilities to search for particular Registered Users. These search functions may help you, for example, in finding other Registered Users with similar interests and business ideas etc. The search functions can also help you to initiate contact with other Registered Users who offer exactly what you are looking for. This can help to further enlarge your network within the purpose of the Services from Seed4Up.
- Billing details – If you use Seed4Up's paid services, Seed4Up will collect and use your billing details such as your credit card or bank details for billing and payment purposes. If you select credit card as your method of payment Stripe.com (the payment provider used by Seed4up) shall process your billing data along with any other details required for billing purposes (e.g. name and billing address). In such cases, Stripe.com shall process your data in accordance with applicable [Swiss law for Seed4Up and/or Italian law for company]. Stripe.com shall not process your data in any other cases, including if you choose a payment method other than credit card. To the extent required, your billing details are sent to, collected and processed by service providers such as credit card companies in order to process payments. Your billing details are saved in order to process payments for automatic user account extensions.
If you agree, Seed4Up will use the email address(es) you entered to send you regular newsletters, status emails, advertising for similar products and services, and surveys for internal market research purposes (collectively hereinafter referred to as the "newsletter"), unless you object to such use. In these newsletters Seed4Up may inform you, among other things, about new features on Seed4Up Services, interesting contacts and certain personal statistics.
You may choose to unsubscribe from the newsletter at any time sending an e-mail to the link provided at the end of each newsletter without any costs other than transmission costs pursuant to the basic rates.
"Cookies" are small files that enable us to store specific information related to you, on your PC or other end device while using the Seed4Up Services. Cookies help to analyse usage frequency, the number of people who use our website, user behaviour on our website, to increased security and tailor our service offering to your needs.
"Session cookies" are used in order to identify you during your session. Upon the termination of your session, the session cookie will be automatically deleted if you deactivated the function "Login automatically on this computer" during login. Otherwise these session cookies will be permanently saved in the browser of your end device. The session cookies will then store parts of your login data in encrypted form. You can delete these cookies from the browser of your end device at any time.
Seed4Up Services also use "permanent cookies" to record information about visitors to the Seed4Up Websites who repeatedly use the Services of Seed4Up. Permanent cookies help us to continually improve the products and services we offer you. Permanent cookies do not contain personal information such as your name, IP address, etc., meaning that we do not generate profiles based on user behaviour.
You can edit the settings of your browser e.g. to prevent cookies from being stored, to limit the storage of cookies to certain websites, or such that your browser informs you every time a cookie is sent. You can also delete cookies from your PC’s hard drive at any time manually. Please note however that you will not be able to take advantage of all the Services of Seed4Up if session cookies are deactivated.
Third-party cookies could also be stored on your PC or end device when using Seed4Up Services which are partially or entirely provided by third parties. You can prevent such cookies from being stored in your browser by adjusting the browser settings accordingly.
Seed4Up also uses Google Analytics which is one of the most widespread and trusted analytics solution on the web for helping understand how you use the site and ways that we can improve your experience. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site and the pages that you visit so we can continue to produce engaging content.
For more information on Google Analytics cookies, see the official Google Analytics page http://www.google.it/intl/it/analytics/.
Geolocation, i.e. the identification of the real-world geographic location of a website visitor, takes place solely on the basis of the anonymised IP address and only at a regional level. This means that it is never possible to determine the specific place of residence of a user as a result of geolocation.
Seed4Up will regularly review its compliance with this Policy. Please feel free to direct any questions or concerns regarding this Policy or Seed4Up's use of information by contacting us via our website or the following email contact: firstname.lastname@example.org. When we receive formal written complaints at this address, it is Seed4Up’s policy to contact the complaining user regarding his or her concerns. We will cooperate with the appropriate regulatory authorities, including data protection authorities, to resolve any complaints regarding the transfer of data that cannot be resolved between Seed4Up and an individual.
Changes to this policy